Thursday

Chicken Cacciatore

People's Court and my favorite easy Chicken Cacciatore recipe

So last week I went down to small claims court to file the case against my management company and yesterday I got a letter from People's Court inviting me to be on the show!  I was immediately suspicious.  I'm not necessarily a believer in conspiracy theories but it pays to be careful, for sure.  I used to live in la-la land before my divorce but subsequent events have taught me to keep one eye open at all times.  So I contacted the producer and learned, in case you're curious,  that People's Court pays the defendant's award, should they lose - that's the incentive for them.  For the plaintiff, the show guarantees you can collect your award, should you win.  They state in their letter "in regular court, it can be very difficult to collect payment".  That's for sure true!  I won a judgment for $5000 in small claims last year against a little manufacturer who ruined a lot of pink terry ruffle robes. To avoid paying,  they packed up their little factory and disappeared into the night.  I'm still on their trail. If you know the whereabouts of Tony and Judy Zhou, and their company "68 Red Label Inc.", please let me know.  They were located in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.  It's an Italian neighborhood and so here's my recipe of Chicken Cacciatore - it means "Hunter's Chicken", how appropriate!

1 whole sweet onion, sliced and sauteed until golden


 Add sliced Mushrooms, sautee

4 chicken legs, skin removed
Add to the pan with the onions and sliced Mushrooms

Season with:
Paprika
Hot Hungarian paprika
Oregano,
Basil
Sliced Garlic

Saute the Chicken legs until golden, then turn and season the other side as well 

 

1 28 oz can of whole tomatoes - separate the tomatoes first, chop and saute them with the chicken

Then add the tomato juice from the can and simmer 
add 1/2 cup red wine
1 tblsp tomato paste
Cook covered for about 30 - 40 minutes, turning the chicken occasionally so that the flavors get absorbed

Add 1/2 cup chopped Parsley

 

Meanwhile you will have cooked a big steamy pot of spaghetti.
Drain it in a colander and, having already removed the chicken legs from the pan, add the spaghetti and toss it in the sauce until it is completely coated.

Serve and top with lots of freshly grated Parmesan cheese

 

"Optimists think the glass is half full. Pessimists think the glass is half empty. Realists know that someone will have to wash the glass."

1 comment:

  1. Your photographs are wonderful and I LOVE the recipes, especially your abundant use of Hungarian paprika... I put it on everything, too!

    ReplyDelete