Thursday

Grilled Marinated Lamb Chops

I had a few points sitting around on a credit card and so I treated myself to a set of Ginzu knives - advertised as genuine Japanese steel!  However, when more closely examined, it says on the blade of each knife "made in China"...ah well, this is the world we live in.  Regardless of the authenticity of their claim, the knives are very sharp.  VERY sharp.  I mean, don't drop one on your foot.  Seriously.

I used to make a lamb roast but now I prefer the rack of lamb because you can have it ready in just over 5 minutes.  I like to cut the rack into individual chops.  If I could, I would cook them on a barbecue so if you have one, go ahead.  Of course, I cook them on the ubiquitous George Foreman indoor grill!

Ingredients


• 12 lamb cutlets
• extra virgin olive oil
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• small handful of fresh or dried rosemary
• a small handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 1 lemon
• smoked Spanish paprika
• 2 large handfuls of fresh basil & fresh parsley
• 3-5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar 

Method
Chop up the rosemary, parsley and add a little olive oil and the balsamic vinegar. Mix together, then rub the oil over the cutlets and season both sides of them. Sprinkle with paprika, sea salt, and pepper.  Let to marinate for a while while you prepare the side dishes. When you are ready to cook them at the last minute  If the cutlets are about 1.5cm (3/4 inch thick), just give them 3 or 4 minutes on each side until they’re really golden. This should cook them medium. (To be honest, I’m not really into really rare lamb cutlets, but if you prefer them like that then cook for a little less time.)  I served this with tiny new potatoes, and green beans cooked with mushrooms and onions.  But in this heat, a green salad, a fresh baguette with cold butter, and a chilled glass of rose, would be even better....












A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety.
  Aesop


No comments:

Post a Comment